protect your future and your freedom
A Felony DWI Conviction Can Change Your Life Forever
If you are arrested for a third DWI, or if the circumstances of your arrest warrant it, you will be charged with a felony crime. You will face prison time, fines and the consequences of having a felony conviction on your record. These can include losing your job, losing your driver’s license, not being allowed to possess a firearm and having to list a felony conviction on every application for a job, loan, school or housing. If you are an immigrant, you may be deported. You need an experienced lawyer to defend your rights.
Ryan R. Hill, Attorney at Law, makes DWI its primary criminal defense focus. Ryan and his team have helped hundreds of people in East Texas avoid the severe consequences of a felony DWI conviction and the complications it can cause. We want to do the same for you.
Penalties For A Felony DWI Conviction
You can be charged with felony DWI if:
- You have two prior DWI convictions on your record.
- You have a child under the age of 15 in the car with you at the time of arrest.
- You cause an accident that results in someone being seriously injured (intoxication assault).
- You cause an accident that results in the death of another person (intoxication manslaughter).
If you are allowed out on bond after the arrest, your license could be suspended and you may be required to use a mobile alcohol testing device regularly, or end up in jail while awaiting trial.
If you are convicted, you could:
- Spend between two and 10 years in prison
- Pay up to $10,000 in fines
- Lose your license for between 180 days and two years
- Be placed on probation for up to 10 years
Be asked to install an ignition interlock device (IID) in your car
Ryan Hill’s goal is to help you avoid these penalties and get you the help you may need. He will review the evidence against you, including the video recording of the arrest, to see if the arresting police officer mishandled the procedures in any way. As an experienced litigator and negotiator, he always seeks the best possible outcome. This could include negotiating reduced charges, having your case dismissed or obtaining an acquittal at trial. Whatever the circumstances, he will work one-on-one with you in helping you understand all of your legal options.